Download Video: MP4, WebM, Ogg
- Remember that the ear may be very painful and that the cat may respond by scratching and biting.
- Warm the medication by standing the bottle in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes.
- Hold the cat securely in your lap. You may need to have someone help you by wrapping the cat in a blanket with only the head exposed.
- Make sure you have carefully read the label and understand the dosing instructions.
- Draw up the liquid into the dropper.
- Use the last two fingers of the same hand to hold the tip of the ear.
- Place your remaining hand under the cat’s jaw to support the head.
- Apply a small amount of medication into the ear.
- Rub the ear against the cat’s head in a circular motion. Be cautious and gentle. The cat may not allow you to do this.
- Release the ear and let your cat shake its head. If the medication contains a wax solvent, debris will be dissolved so it can be shaken out.